School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering


Further Information

  • Key and card access
  • Contact us

Information for student visitors to the School.

Student visitors

Domestic and international visitors may wish to come to the University through a professional development program or to undertake workplace-based training to upgrade their skills (including research done as part of a PhD at their home university).

Foreign nationals may be eligible to apply for a Training and Research (subclass 402) Visa – Occupational Trainee Stream (TRV). This will allow them to undertake a supervised, workplace-based training program at the University, providing additional skills in their occupation or field of expertise. All applications for visitors must be submitted to the Head of School and include both:

  • a visitor form
  • a current CV/resume

International students must also provide:

  • a ‘Statement of Training Program’; this must be personalised to the student; Academic Services have a template which the host academic can use
  • a certified copy of their passport
  • a letter in English from the visitor’s home institution confirming that their visit will contribute to their studies/research
  • a letter of Expression of Interest (EoI) from the trainee

Academic Services can assist with the documentation for nominating international students for Training and Research (subclass 402) Visas. The nomination fee is charged to the Project Grant (PG) of the host academic nominated on the visitor form.

Visitor form [DOC, 61.0 KB]
Updated 2 Aug 2013


School of Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering

This Page

Last updated:
Thursday, 1 August, 2013 4:42 PM